Did you know that makeup has an expiration date? You need to be very wary before touching that clearance rack at the drug store, makeup is on sale for a reason.. Because it’s going to expire soon! I have prepared for you a handy little chart of makeup and its expiration times.
Sunday, 12 February 2012
Friday, 10 February 2012
DIY Honey Banana Yogurt Oat Face Mask
So I know what you’re thinking… putting yogurt on your face? A little weird at first, but once you try out this facemask you won’t believe how moisturizing this can be for your skin! And it doesn’t smell bad either! Once again it’s inexpensive, most of us have these items lying around the kitchen, nothing too fancy! If you have really dry skin, you may want to exfoliate prior to using this facemask to achieve the best results.
Why this mask is so good for your skin:
Yogurt is a natural exfoliator. It helps slough off dead skins cells, leaving yours radiant. Honey makes a perfect natural moisturizer. Banana is both a delicious fruit, and an excellent moisturizer for your face! Oats help calm your skin and soothe it of any excess redness.
You Will Need:
½ Cup Natural Yogurt
1 Tablespoon of Honey
1. Take your ½ banana and mash it into pieces in a small bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and mix with the banana.
3. Place ½ cup of Natural Yogurt and add to mixture.
4. Add enough oats to the mix until it acts as a bind for the mask.
5. Put the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute.
6. Once warm apply the mask all over the face and neck area.
7. After 30 minutes rinse the mask of with warm water.
The heat in this mask is going to open up those pores while the ingredients in the mask work to bring moisture deep into the skin. The skin is our largest organ, so we have to be sure that we take good care of it!
Until next time, I’ll be back in my kitchen experimenting with more DIY beauty projects… Please don’t forget to subscribe to our Twitter for all your beauty updates! @gr8northbeauty