Friday 4 May 2012

I'm Back! APRIL FAVES & ONE LETDOWN


Followers and friends! It has been a long time since my last post.  I apologize for my absence from the Internet. At times, life gets far too hectic for my liking, and my blog had to be put on the back burner for a bit. But, I’m back with a vengeance and thrilled to have the opportunity to resurrect my poor little blog back from the dead!

To get right back in to the ‘swing of things’, I thought I would start with a new segment on my blog entitled “MONTHLY FAVES". Since April has come and gone, here are a few of my favorite products that I found myself using over and over again! I will also include one monthly product that I didn’t like at all.

As a reminder, with any of my posts, all of these opinions are my own. If a product hasn’t necessarily worked out for me, there’s no reason why it might not work for you. Ultimately, you may draw your own conclusions from my reviews.. I’m just your guinea pig! ;)

APRIL FAVES


Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Foundation



This foundation is amazing. I cannot stress enough how important it is to find a foundation that suits your skin type and makes you look flawless! After countless bottles and brands that left nothing but streaks, dry patches and blemishes, I have finally found a product that works for me. This formula is long-lasting as it promises and feels weightless on your face. Even though it’s a heavy coverage foundation, it doesn’t clog my pores or feel heavy after applying.

If I had to list one con for this product, I would have to say that without a base or primer, the foundation wouldn’t wear for as long as it says. Perhaps this is just for me, but I found that without primer, the foundation seemed to ‘slide’ off my face.



The Beauty Blender



Let me just say that after using the Beauty Blender, I will never go back to using a brush to apply foundation. The sponge when wet helps apply the foundation on evenly without drying or having a ‘cakey’ effect. As well, the sponge comes clean easily (with brush cleanser or baby shampoo) and I haven’t had any problems with blemishes on my face since using this product.

Although some may think that they price for this sponge is expensive, I say it’s worth the money because the product delivers a natural and flawless finish when applying face makeup. When paired with my new favorite foundation, I have never had a more flawless complexion and that feels pretty good!


Josie Maran’s Pure Argan Oil



Lately my skin has been acting all kinds of crazy. It goes from extremely dry, to normal, to even oily depending on the time of the month, and I have had a really hard time using a moisturizer that can keep up with these changes. Then, I decided to forgo moisturizer all together and use oil instead. This product delivers the moisture that I need and has helped with the appearance and overall quality of my skin. As well, you can use this ‘miracle oil’ on your hair or on your cuticles, but for myself, I prefer to just keep it on the face.

One problem I have with this product is that with the eye-dropper applicator you waste a lot of this product.. which of course is INSANELY EXPENSIVE!



APRIL'S LETDOWN



YSL – Rouge Pour Couture – Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain




This product was my first YSL purchase and was A HUGE LETDOWN. First of all, the colour wasn’t that awesome. This product is a cross between a lip stain, and a gloss but it just really didn’t deliver for me. As well, I did not enjoy the harsh chemical smell that came from the product… and it was $36 dollars! Let’s just say after applying it once, I returned it to Sephora because I was just not happy with it. Huge letdown, but at least they have a great return policy!



It feels so great to be back! If you have any questions or requests, please let me know via twitter @gr8northbeauty



2 comments: