Tuesday 24 January 2012

Clairsonic Mia.. Unboxing and First Day of Use!

With a gift certificate from my lovely parents from Christmas, I made my way to Sephora to finally get around to purchasing a Clairsonic Mia. I have been mulling over this baby for months, but with its steep price tag of $149 plus tax, I was a little reluctant if it was worth it. After months of research, and Youtube videos, I was finally convinced that I had to try one of these out for myself.

I ended up with the Mia, because the other models didn’t appeal to me. The only nice things about the higher-end models are that they have different speed settings. They also count down and beep when you need to switch sides of you face, but I figured since I could count myself this feature seemed a little useless for steeper price tag. The best part about the Mia is that it’s completely WATERPROOF! Meaning that you can use it in the bath, the shower, throw it in the sink, and it won’t ruin the Mia.



The Mia came with an external charger that attaches onto the device with a magnet. This is a really neat feature; I’ve never seen a charger like this before on a beauty product. It also came with a set of instructions, and a trial sized bottle of Clarisonics cleanser, but I chose to opt for my regular cleanser instead.



Before you use the Clairsonic Mia for the first time, you have to make sure that you charge the thing for over 24 hours. Seems a little crazy to leave it on the charger for that long, especially since a single charge will only give you about 20 minutes of use.

Now, I heard that in the beginning uses of the Mia, you tend to break out a couple of times. This is because all of the sebum and excess oils that lie under your skin are resurfaced as you cleanse. Over time, the oil will diminish and you’ll notice your skin looks and feels a lot better.

After my first use with the Mia, I can say two things:

1. My skin had never felt so cleansed! I could seriously feel the product seeping into the pores of my skin, which felt super refreshed

2. My skin felt smoother after the first use. It exfoliated the dry patch of skin around my nose, and my moisturizer seemed to effortlessly glide on after cleansing.


Over the next few weeks, I plan on continuing to review this product.. so stay tuned as I explore the Clairsonic Mia further. Want to pick up a Mia for yourself? It’s available at Sephora or clairsonic.com

Twitter: @peachplumpears

No comments:

Post a Comment