Recently, I got a chance to try out this skin care line by Arbonne. It seems to me, after a little research, Arbonne is like a hybrid of Mary Kay and Avon, but a little more high quality and definitely more expensive. Now, with that being said, I have to say that I did enjoy going through the whole Arbonne catalogue and seeing the variety of different products they carried. It doesn’t just stop at skincare; there are shampoos, makeup, and even health and diet products that Arbonne carries. I myself have made a little wish list of things that I would like to try and purchase from Arbonne, because getting an opportunity to try out this skincare line has really evoked a curiosity to try out other things by them.
I have to put it out there to remain completely honest that I did get to try out this skincare line for free. It was given to me in hopes that I would review it and give my honest opinion and my thoughts to be featured in my blog. I am in no way swayed by anything free. Although its nice to try things out without costing me a penny, that will not change my opinion of the product. All the opinions on this blog are my own, and are truthful and honest. I would never want any of my followers to think that I am trying to sell them a product, especially if I didn’t like it!
I was lucky enough to receive the product in its entirety. I’m talking, nice big bottles and all. Sometimes, with testers, it’s hard to really get a feel for the product by only trying it once or twice. I have been using this product for about a week now, and feel that I can give a good review after I’ve done a little research and noticed a physical difference in my skin.
About the RE9 Advanced line:
“It’s time to outgrow aging. RE9 Advanced is a synergy of not one, but 9 major age-defying elements and botanicals in a powerful system of products clinically proven to start working within 24 hours. The RE9 Advanced breakthrough approach addresses skin health by pairing targeted topical treatments with an age-defying supplement that accelerates results twice as fast. Antioxidant vitamin C, contained in the supplement, supports collagen synthesis and helps restore skin’s youthful glow. Algae extract enhances this activity on the skin’s outer layer, dramatically diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.” (Arbonne Catalogue, 2011)
Products I received and tried out:
Smoothing Facial Cleanser (Step 1) (retails for $50)
Regenerating Toner (Step 2) (retails for $42)
Intensive Renewal Serum (Step 3) (retails for $68)
Corrective Eye Crème (Step 4) (retails for $65)
Restorative Day Crème with SPF 20 (Step 5) (retails for $60)
Night Repair Crème (retails for $100)
Age-Defying Neck Cream (retails for $95)
My Initial Thoughts:
- I was skeptical at first to try out a skincare line for anti-aging. At only 23, I haven’t really thought about wrinkles. But, this product has proven to be a key in order to get rid of some of those fine lines I’m starting to develop (due to wearing makeup from an earlier age in life, especially foundation wear, this will cause premature wrinkles). And, there is no time like the present to prevent wrinkles from forming, especially in this day and age when we want to preserve our youthful look for as long as we can.
- The packaging for this product is absolutely GORGEOUS! It’s this lovely orange and beige color, and the containers that it comes in were something to be marveled. The packing reminds me a lot of Lancomes products, that high-end, and flashy looking bottling gets me every time!
- The price of this product scared me a little at first. $385.00 for all of the products in total seemed like an astronomical number to me. But, in reality, all high-quality makeup and skincare products aren’t cheap. These full size bottles, should last you about 6 months (you really don’t need to use much of the products at a time, at the most, I’d say use a pea size amount) if used twice a day. If you put it into that perspective, you’re really buying the whole line for $68 dollars a month, which seems a little more affordable.
After Using the Products:
- The smoothing facial cleanser smells good, it smells a lot like citrus, which the product boasts to have mega vitamin C to really help you skin glow and tighten up. The cleanser is great because it’s really gentle. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and this product did not cause any redness or irritation. It has a nice foaming action to it, and it really seems to polish your skin when you rinse it off.
- The regenerating toner doesn’t smell as nice as the cleanser, but it still feels good on the face. I opted to spray the toner on with a cotton ball, and then wipe it on my face. You can also just spray it on your face, but you aren’t supposed to rinse the toner off, therefore it’ll take longer to dry if you spray too much. Usually I’m not the biggest fan of toners, for me personally, if I need a toner, I’ll use champagne (yes, the alcoholic beverage) but I did enjoy this product.
- The intensive renewal serum was probably my favorite product. You can really feel the collagen in the serum, and it works to tighten your skin. With this bad boy, you can really start to notice a difference in the appearance of your skin.
- The corrective eye crème was nice, but I don’t think I necessarily needed it. It did work on some of the puffiness around my eyes, but since I don’t have crow’s feet, I didn’t notice many results. I did notice some firmness around my eyes, which again is probably due to the collagen in the product. I can imagine that if an older woman were to use this product though, she would notice a definite change in the appearance of her eyes after using this product.
- The restorative day crème with SPF 20 was another one of my favorite products. It’s a lightweight moisturizer, that doesn’t clog your pores, or makes them feel heavy, and most importantly, doesn’t make your makeup go on cakey after you apply the crème. I appreciated that the product had a nice touch of SPF, but the only unfortunate thing about SPF products, is that if you are taking pictures or anything to do with harsh lighting, you will have this ghostly glow around your face. It’s just the nature of SPF products.
- The night repair cream is the most expensive of the skincare line, but also one of the best. This night cream is amazing! Once again, the smell is good, lots of vitamin C packed into the cream. Didn’t leave my face feeling oily, which is nice, because some night creams just glob on and somehow absorb into the face. This one didn’t clog my pores, and I noticed results of firmness and brighter skin in the morning.
- Age-defying neck crème was probably one of the products that I thought sounded stupid, because I rarely apply anything to my neck, but delivered the most visible results. Will work great on droopy, turkey-like necks, due to the insane amount of collagen in this product.
In conclusion, this skincare line shows promise. Although I didn’t believe it at first (trust me, I’ve tried plenty of products that promise miracles in 24 hours and seldom work), I have to agree with the product that my skin was visibly firmer and brighter within the first 24 hours of use. Unfortunately, I did notice a few breakouts from using this product. It could be my skin wasn’t used to the product, or just because of hormones, but I did notice a couple of little bumps that were irritating and required concealing. But, besides that it did not cause excessive irritation or redness that my skin is prone to.
As for considering purchasing the product, I would definitely say that I want it, but the price is definitely something ridiculous. The products are good and show promise and change in the skins firmness. I just wish the price was a little more affordable, but all amazing products have a steep price tag. If I had to compare this skin product with another, I would say that it’s comparable in both price and quality with Chanel’s skincare line, but I enjoy Arbonne’s products because of their botanical use, and having vegan friendly products. Once I figure out which products I will buy personally, I will definitely let you know and do another review on Arbonne products!
If you live in #ymm (Fort McMurray) and you’re interested in anything Arbonne related, you can check out their website at http://www.arbonne.ca/ for a full list of products, or consult with Stacey Warren, Arbonne’s Fort McMurray Representative at 780-838-3511.