Thursday 26 January 2012

Revlon Lip Butters Review - & Update on Clairsonic Mia (Day 3)


Revlon Lip Butters

I finally found the Revlon Lip Butters that have been talk of the beauty community for quite some time now. They were released back in December of 2011, but they have finally launched in Canada, and I was lucky enough to snag a few while they were on sale! Normally, they retail for about $9.00 at your local drugstore (I got mine from Rexall in #yeg) but they were on special for $6.00. I was furiously testing all the lip butters out to figure out which ones I liked, and narrowed them down to only four!

The thing that I like about these lip butters is that they’re super moisturizing! It’s the perfect compromise between a lip-gloss and a lipstick. They're nicely pigmented, and go on buttery smooth.

Now, with that being said, I have to say that some of the colours in the line are hideous! I was disappointed that the lighter shades were a lot less pigmented than the darker ones, and some colours just didn’t look like they would flatter any skin tone.

Here are the four that I selected, I especially love the reds in this line! A nice glossy red suits me a lot better than a matte shade, so I am definitely planning on rocking these in February closer to Valentines Day! 



I probably won’t buy anymore colours, just because these were the only four that I really liked.. but I have to say you can’t beat the price (its still a lot of cheaper than a MAC lipstick), and the wear and quality is comparable to high-end brands.

Overall, i’m impressed. I have to say that drugstore makeup has come a LONG way in the past few years!


Clairsonic Mia Update – Day 3

Today I decided to experiment to see if the Mia can take off face makeup like it claims to (please remove eye makeup before though, the eye area is too delicate to cleanse with the Mia) I was a little skeptical, especially since most of us wear foundation, concealer, powder, finishing powder, blush, etc. and many other layers of makeup that make it next to impossible to get ALL of it off. I’m happy to report that the Mia proved just how deep cleansing it was (although after, the brush head was FILTHY). I then used my toner after cleansing and noticed that no excess makeup was coming off…. Amazing!!!

I’m continuing to notice a change in my complexion. The few breakouts that I did have prior to purchasing the Mia have diminished really quickly, and my skin has never felt so smooth. Secondly, I noticed that some of the larger pores on my face (around my cheeks and my nose) are starting to look a little smaller. So far, really impressed with the Mia.


We’ll call this my ‘before’ picture...

 I’ll take another picture in about a month to see if we can notice a drastic difference! My skin is far from perfect, but I still feel comfortable enough to share with you scary pictures of me without any makeup on. 

Stay tuned for my next blog post, which should be up in the next few days! I have been really trying to update as much as possible, seeing as in the next couple of months I will be embarking in my final practicum of my degree and don’t know how much time I’ll have to dedicate to blogging!


Twitter: @peachplumpears

No comments:

Post a Comment