Monday 23 January 2012

Perfect Primers

Hey everyone! So sorry that it has been a while, but after an internet shortage in my building, and a little bit of travelling, I am finally back and ready to get down to business! I have been working on some requested pieces, as well as shooting some videos that I’m still tinkering with. I’m a complete novice to  movie editing, so bear with me if it takes a while for those to show up on my blog!

Anyways, in the spirit of the ever-changing weather (seriously, -40 one week, and then +4 the next?!), I wanted to share with you products that will ensure your makeup stays in place no matter how crazy the weather may be!

First off, why are makeup primers so important? Well, think of your face as a canvas. Would you just glob on paint and hope it stays?! No. You need a primer, to bring out the vibrancy and long-wear of the paint.. or in this case, makeup. Primers should be a staple in your makeup bag to ensure it’s applied flawlessly. Without it, your at the risk of a makeup meltdown.. or worse, a serious case of ‘cake face’.

Yikes!!!!!


Recommended Primers For the Face:





1)   Korres Mattifying Pomegranate Makeup Primer

I got a sample of this from Sephora, and I was instantly in love with it and had to buy a full tube. What I really like about this primer is that it doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy after. Silicon-based products tend to make your skin feel gross, but this primer is water-based. It minimizes the appearance of pores, and leaves you with a lovely canvas to apply your makeup. And it smells great too! The product comes out like a concealer, in both texture and color but blends seamlessly and invisibly on your skin.





2)   Kat Von D Rehab Priming Elixer

This primer is lovely. The packaging is cute, but I’m not too fond of the applicator. It’s like an old-school stopper, which is very apothecaryesque (yes, I’m making up my own words here, total trendsetter), but seems a little unhygienic to me.  But, this primer makes your face feel amazing! And it smells like cucumbers, and isn’t irritating to the skin at all.  After using this product, my makeup just glides on and really gives my complexion a glow that can’t be achieved without a primer.



Recommended Primers For the Eyes:





1)   Benefit’s Stay Don’t Stray Eye Primer

My favorite of all the eye primers, because it’s gentle on the eye area, yet makes my eye makeup last all day without creasing. Has a great application form, and the bottle lasts you months before you need to repurchase. A little goes a long way with this product!




2) 

Urban Decay Primer Potion Tube

This eye primer is another one of my favorites, because Urban Decay has proven time and time again to be one of best makeup brands for both price and product quality. Comes in a variety of shades, although I like the original one because its matte and the other ones are overloaded with too many sparkles for an everyday application. This tube, just like Stay Don’t Stray will last you months and is something that I’ve repurchased over and over again.



One Primer That Sucks:


Bare Escentuals Prime Time

This is a primer that is loaded with WAY TOO MUCH SILICON. After application, your skin feels smooth, but somewhat suffocated, in a goopy product that I found doesn’t hold all day and my makeup appeared to flake off after a few hours of application. In my opinion, its not worth the price, and the tube is ridiculously small, so you have to repurchase the product over and over again. Maybe it’ll work for you, but it’s just not for me.



I hope that was helpful for you, and that during this uncertain time with our climate, your makeup stays in place all day! Check back in the next couple of days for my next blog post! 

Twitter: @peachplumpears

5 comments:

  1. Some interesting makeup primers here, a few I haven't heard of before. Going to give them a try and see if they are worthy to add to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubungan Main Sabung Ayam Online Dengan Kemunafikan

    Apa sih hubungannya Munafik dengan Main Sabung Ayam Online ? Yuk disimak penjelasannya (Baca Selengkapnya...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fashionista's worst experience, even worse than looking oversize buddy, more degrading than wearing the same dress in another party -- it's the fear of symbolizing looking yesteryear fashion trend Sensitive eyelash glue Sometimes, fashion trends is considered as fads, are disreputably erratic. The fashion industry players are always on the quest to bring up something "NEW" & "HOT".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers! Beauty for You online shopping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty is an impression that does not only pertain to humanity but also other things that the Almighty created yet oftentimes misunderstood. The views of different people vary regarding beauty and most of the time it ends in confusion and frustrations. Hijama therapy Coventry

    ReplyDelete